Sunday, August 2, 2009

New and Unknown Java Libraries

I like finding new useful java libraries. I usually find them from posts like this one. Other times I find them because I have a problem needing a solution. Here are some of my favorite unknown java libraries that I have found over the past year. Today I use every one of these in my projects. Interestingly, 4 of 6 are hosted on http://code.google.com.

Google-API-Translate-Java

Provides a simple, unofficial, Java client API for using Google Translate. I use this to translate caption files for videos into several other languages. It has lots of options and has never failed me.

XmlTool

XMLTool is a very simple Java library to be able to do all sorts of common operations with an XML document with a very easy to use class using the Fluent Interface pattern to facilitate XML manipulations.

XStream

XStream is a simple library to serialize objects to XML and back again. Also useful for creating JSON responses.

Architecture Rules

Architecture Rules leverages an xml configuration file and optional programmatic configuration to assert your code’s architecture via unit tests or ant tasks. This test is able to assert that specific packages do not depend on others and is able to check for and report on cyclic dependencies among your project’s packages and classes. Get cyclic dependency detection with the Maven 2 plugin and zero configuration.

CyberNeko HTML Parser

NekoHTML is a simple HTML scanner and tag balancer that enables application programmers to parse HTML documents and access the information using standard XML interfaces. This can be used to extract the textual content from an HTML fragment.

Charts4j

charts4j is a free, lightweight charts & graphs Java API. It enables developers to programmatically create the charts available in the Google Chart API through a straightforward and intuitive Java API.

Original Source

No comments:

Post a Comment